Paraguay, Latin America Caribbean
MAPS Volunteer (1-11 months)
MA (1-2 years)
Career (3+ years)
Type: Administrative, Campus Ministry, Children's Ministry, Church Planting, Compassion, ESL or TESL, Music Ministries, and Teaching, School Administration and Library
ASUNCION, PARAGUAY: Various opportunities to be involved with a number of ministries, including a ChildHope (formerly LACC) school, grades K-12, in Asunción. ChildHope exists within LAC World Missions to address the needs of the poorest of the poor through compassion outreach, education in a Christian school system, and spiritual transformation through Christian church community.
Must be bilingual (language training is included for 1-2 year or Career assignments); preferably have adult and children’s ministry experience, some educational background, a self-starter, teachable, team player, not fearful, willing to take bus or taxi as needed, and must have endurance for a third-world setting.
Opportunities to serve in any one or more of the following areas:
- Compassion and Evangelistic ministry of ChildHope via the vehicle of Education. Must have skills in business management.
- Facilitate communication between sponsor and sponsored child, responsible to visit four schools in greater Asuncion area to help with correspondence received, translate letters, take pictures of sponsored children.
- Work with Chaplains of ChildHope developing strategies to encourage spiritual life of school staff members as well as of the students.
- Coach for ChildHope students feeling led to go into full time ministry; soul wining youth pastor familiar with Royal Ranger/Missionettes to develop among ChildHope students.
- Teach English with Paraguayan teachers in ChildHope English Department.
- Musician to develop an ChildHope choir and/or band, as well as establish and lead a worship team for Asunción International Christian Church (AIC). Must play an instrument.
- Sunday School teachers for children and adults at Asunción International Christian Church (AIC). Help develop and lead small groups or cell groups during the week.
- Asuncion Christian Academy (ACA) is an international non-denominational Christian school. ACA needs godly professionally trained teachers for all areas. Small salary would be included. Please contact us for more information about the benefits of working at ACA.
- Organize Chi Alpha among university students. There are currently two groups of university students that need organization and guidance.
- A person that has a vocation to work in a Compassion and Evangelistic ministry such as Latin America Child Care via the vehicle of Education. Must have skills in business management.
- A librarian help us to organize the books and materials we have in Spanish and English and to also help train others to do so.
To learn more about the Latin America Caribbean region, please explore www.lacworldmissions.org