Ecuador, Latin America Caribbean
MAPS Volunteer (1-11 months)
Type: Children's Ministry, Compassion, ESL or TESL, Homeschool, and Teaching, School Administration and Library
CATAMAYO, ECUADOR - We have an urgent need for a nanny/preschool English “teacher” to work with us in Morada de Timoteo (Timothy’s Abode) Missionary Training Center in southern Ecuador. We live together under one roof for the intensive seven-month training program. Some incoming families agree that they want their girls to be taken care of in English. Spanish is helpful but not required.
This person or couple would be responsible for the children while the parents are in classes (early morning until lunch, 1-2 hours in the afternoon, and then during the early evening class until dinner). If a married couple is interested, we would definitely incorporate other skills they would bring as we have many needs including maintenance, accounting, gardening, talking in English with the students, cooking, etc.
- Needed mid-January until mid-September 2022 (passport must not expire before November 2022)
- Minimum: 8 month assignment
- Loves children
- Prior experience working with children
- Flexible and hard worker
- Creative (making daily lesson plans or activities)
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Single woman or married couple (due to changing diapers)
- Able to live in a rural area (no cities nearby and limited shopping)